Sunday, July 10, 2011

Great Indoor Cell Phone Service All Over Longboat Key

Line2 Cell Phone App for IPhone, Android and Blackberry Phones

Anyone who wants to save money, whether it be on their monthly land-line bill or their cell phone bill or both, might want to look into the highly reviewed Line2 cell phone service being offered on IPhone/IPad/IPod, Android and Blackberry wifi enabled phones for $10 a month. Here are a few good reasons for having Line2 service on your cell phone.

1. Great cell phone reception inside your home with fast data. Longboat already has good in-car cell phone service except when driving past Avenue of the Flowers. I have never dropped a call in my car for many years except near Publix.

2. Line2 users get unlimited local and continental long distance voice and data for $10 a month. Calls can be placed and received on your cell phone anywhere that wifi is available.

3. Line2 will port your current home phone number over to Line2 at no charge. Or you can get a new phone number or port any phone number. Verizon charges $29 a month for their basic Verizon Freedom® Value land-line service. Comcast charges about $30 monthly for their VOIP phone service, which is what I was using before I switched to Line2. Now I get local and long distance for $10 a month with my same home phone number on my cell phone. I have cut the wire!

4. Using the Line2 service will enable you to reduce your monthly minutes on your cell phone contract for both voice and data, since all the calls you make and receive at home on your cell phone using Line2 will  not count against your cell phone plan. This will also save you lots of money.

5. While traveling you can make and receive calls on your cell phone from family and friends at no charge from your hotel room or public wifi hot-spots around the world. If there is no available wifi then you can always use your normal cell phone service.

6. Line2 service includes unlimited messaging with the added convenience of voice-to-messaging so you won't even have to type. Thank goodness this feature probably won't work while you are driving.

The Line2 app looks and functions just like the regular phone app on your cell phone.

If you are renting your home then the renters need not worry about being from a foreign country or having a cell service provider that has no coverage in this part of the country. Simply have them download the Line2 app for free for 30 days. It couldn't be more simple.

The term "convergence" is fast becoming part of the mainstream cell phone conversation, as carriers try to off-load traffic from their beleaguered networks, and wifi is the way they are all headed. Already T-Mobil offers service exactly like Line2 to their customers. All new cell phones are wifi enabled and automatic wifi calling from cell phones will soon be an integral part of cell phone service.

If you are one of the Longboat Key residents who wants, but does not have, good indoor cell phone coverage, then Line2 may solve your problem while saving you money. You can try Line2 for free for a month to see if Line2 fulfills your in-home cell phone needs.

I am quite happy with Line2. It is transparent to use, looks and works just like the existing phone app. I figure I am saving $50 a month since I was able to terminate my land-line service with Comcast and reduce my voice and data plans. I no longer worry about long phone calls on my cell phone while I am at home. I find I use my cell phone more since I placed the Line2 app on my IPhone.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.line2.com/how_video_demo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Line2 enables calls over LTE and 3G data networks without usnig voice minutes.

    ReplyDelete